Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Favorite Bands and Pets

I'm a little late to the game here but I think it's a great idea.  So, thank you Jessi for getting this started! 

Since this has already started and I missed a lot of awesome topics, I think I'm just going to post two every Thursday until I'm all caught up.  Does that sound good?  Ok.

So, here we go:

Favorite Bands

Sleeping With Sirens
Favorite Album:  With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear 
Favorite Song: Let's Cheers to This

This band totally snuck up on me within the last year and a half or so.  I absolutely love them, their lyrics mean so much to me and they are so real.  Honestly, they are the only band that can constantly give me chills every time I hear their music.  Literal chills people.  You can't fake that.  And I've had the privilege of seeing them on tour twice.  Once when they played Warped Tour and then just this past November.

Paramore
 Favorite Album:  All We Know is Falling
Favorite Song(s):  My Heart / Let the Flames Begin (Live)

Paramore and I go waaaaay back.  Like 2005ish.  I remember first seeing them on a show called Steven's Untitled Rock Show that used to play on FUSE.  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is when I fell in love.  I found out that they were around my age.  So I could really relate to them.  Hayley's voice is just amazing, and Josh was awesome at the guitar and screaming.  But unfortunately, two of the band members left a few years ago and Paramore has not been the same since.  It really did break my heart because I really loved them and had seen them in concert many many times.  But I will always have the first three albums to remember them by.


Matchbox Twenty
Favorite Album: Yourself or Someone Like You
Favorite Song:  Bent

Matchbox Twenty and I go even further back.  Like mid-90s.  I remember going downstairs on Saturday mornings with my sister and my dad and we would watch Vh1 to see if any of their songs made it onto the Top 20 Countdown.  Nostalgia at it's best people.  I've seen them as well as Rob Thomas so many times in concert that I've lost count.


Honorable Mentions:
Goo Goo Dolls
New Found Glory
We the Kings
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
All American Rejects


Pets

I have had many pets through out my childhood and adult life.  I had a Golden Retriever named Hartford (don't ask) when I was about five but passed away when I was in sixth grade.  At the same time we had a cat name Figaro (my sister named him after the cat in Pinocchio) and I'm not sure when we got him, he was just always there haha.  But he died about two years after Hartford died.  They were best buddies.  We then got another dog, named Phoebe.  I named her :)  And unfortunately, she passed away when I was I think a sophomore in high school.

And now, we have this little guy.  His name is Tucker, and we've had him for about seven years now.  He is adorable and loud and has quite the personality.


I think this picture was taken a few years ago.  


So that's it for this week!  Tune in next Thursday to learn about my career and my favorite TV shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment