Monday, December 29, 2014

Get Ready For Some Changes!

Like most people, I don't like change.  It freaks me out.  But I also know that sometimes it can be a good thing.  Sometimes, you get stuck in a rut and just need to spice things up and make yourself happy again.

So, I have two things in mind to change a little bit on my blog. 

1.  The way I do my reviews.  So far, I've never really had a formula or anything for how I choose a rating for a certain book.  I just figure out if I liked it or didn't like it.  Or if it fell somewhere in between.  From now on I'm going to use this formula.  

This rating system will have 4 categories:

Characters
Plot
Writing Style
Feels

Each of these categories will be rated out of five and then I will figure out the average and the average will then become my official rating for that book.  When I finish a series I will take all the ratings from each book and find that average and then that will be my rating for the entire series.

I will also rate the cover out of five as well, but does not factor into the average.

2.  Monthly Wrap Ups/TBRs/Book Hauls.  Each month, I will let you know what I read in the current month and the books I acquired, as well as a TBR for the next month.  That way I can always keep you guys informed in what I'm reading.  I think I'll do the book hauls in a separate post from the wrap ups and TBRs.

What do you think?  Does this sound good?  Bad?  Either way, I'm really looking forward to doing these things and can't wait to get some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment