Ever since I participated in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon, I knew I wanted to experience another one. But for some reason I would always find them when they were already about half way through so I could never really participate fully. Thankfully, I found this one and made sure that I would remember to enter and it's for two weeks, so that's pretty awesome!
Here are the Rules!
- The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from July 29th through August 11th. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
- There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
- Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.
- To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing - and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! Feel free to copy and paste this handy little list for your post. We don’t mind. :)
- In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? So, for me, I don't really have any specific books that I will be reading. I'm just going to pick up whatever I want to read at that time. I do have a final goal and that is to read at least ten books. But there are two that I know I will be reading because I borrowed them from the library and they're due back soon. And those two books are:
So, I'm probably going to start off with those first, but I'll let you guys know what I'm going to be reading by updating this post daily so make sure you check back to see how I'm doing!
And let me know if you will be participating as well in the comments!