Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (13): The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine + Lux Read-a-thon+ Beat the Heat Day 2

Hosted by Breaking the Spine 



The Promise of Amazing 
 Wren Caswell is average. Ranked in the middle of her class at Sacred Heart, she’s not popular, but not a social misfit. Wren is the quiet, “good” girl who's always done what she's supposed to—only now in her junior year, this passive strategy is backfiring. She wants to change, but doesn’t know how.

Grayson Barrett was the king of St. Gabe’s. Star of the lacrosse team, top of his class, on a fast track to a brilliant future—until he was expelled for being a “term paper pimp.” Now Gray is in a downward spiral and needs to change, but doesn’t know how.

One fateful night their paths cross when Wren, working at her family’s Arthurian-themed catering hall, performs the Heimlich on Gray as he chokes on a cocktail weenie, saving his life literally and figuratively. What follows is the complicated, awkward, hilarious, and tender tale of two teens shedding their pasts, figuring out who they are—and falling in love. 

Description taken from Goodreads 


Why I'm Waiting
They cover is absolutely adorable.  It just makes me happy.  And the synopsis sounds like it's going to be a sweet, light read.


The Promise of Amazing releases on December 31

What are you waiting for?  Let me know in the comments!



  Lux Read-a-thon! 
  
This read-a-thon is awesome!  So from August 1-3 I plan on reading Shadows, Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal in anticipation of Origin which releases August 27.  And you guys are definitely going to want to participate in this one.  The prizes are amazing and the community is awesome.  So, if you're interested, just click on the banner above and sign up!  It's going to be a lot of fun, I can't wait for it to start tomorrow.  


Beat the Heat Day 2 
  
So, day 2 wasn't as great as day 1 but I still did really well!  I finished Another Little Piece (review will be up soon) and then I started this book:

 Eleanor & Park  
And I am absolutely loving it!  I'm going to finish that up today and start on something else.  I'm just not sure what yet.  

Tuesday-Day 2
Pages Read- 279
Books Started- Eleanor & Park
Books Finished- Another Little Piece
Total Books Finished-1   

5 comments:

  1. Cool choice for WOW. I've seen this more than once in the WOW post. I need to add this to TBR pile.

    MY WOW

    Now following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice book! It does seem interesting and sure to make your heart throb ;)

    I absolutely cannot wait for the book to come out! Great Wow choice:)

    Anyways your blog it really cute, I like your banner! You should check out my WoW
    @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    I'm new to the blogosphere and would really appreciate followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just love the cover!♥
    It really seems such a sweet and light read! Adding it to my TBR list :D

    My WoW

    I'm your new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eagerly waiting for The Promise of Amazing too. Great pick :)My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read The Promise of Amazing. That cover may be one of the most charming covers ever. I love his elbow patches. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete