Saturday, July 20, 2013

Review: Frigid by J. Lynn

Frigid (Frigid, #1) 
 For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

Description taken from Goodreads

Some scenes in this book may be inappropriate for readers under 17 years of age. 


My Review


I have been waiting to read Frigid since I first found out it existed.  When I had first read the synopsis and figured out that it was about two best friends trying to understand their feelings for each other, I pretty much had a spazz attack.  I wanted to get my hands on that book.  And when I heard that JLA was going to be at BEA, I was so freaking excited!  But when I got there, there were none of this book left.  I was beyond devastated.

leave me alone to die photo: leave me alone to
die tumblr_m1bfymcedX1qk4tqc.gif

So, when it was released earlier this week, I got it as soon as I could and then continued to devour it in about five hours.  I seriously have no life.  But it’s ok that I’m admitting it right?  Right?! 

Anyways, Frigid, as well as JLA, did not disappoint.  It was filled with just the right amount of sexual tension, sarcastic humor and swoon worthy declarations.

Sydney and Kyler, I don’t even know where to start with these two.  They are adorable as friends and freaking sexy as hell together as… well, you know.  I felt like I could relate a lot to Sydney.   She would much rather stay in and read a book than go out drinking with her friends at a bar.  I just turned twenty two back in May and I still haven’t had one glass of alcohol cause I feel like I could spend my time doing more productive things like reading or anything else really.  Sydney was also just really funny, her sense of humor was amazing and I definitely burst out laughing on more than one occasion during the five hours I spent reading Frigid.

I don’t usually put quotes in my reviews, but this one was just so freaking hilarious that I had to include it.  I’m seriously laughing just remembering the quote and typing it in. 

“We walk—or shuffled along—about a yard and then I walked straight into a mailbox.  I grunted.  ‘Son of a bitch jumped right out in front of me!’”
-24% Loc 930 of 3969

And then there is Kyler, who is Sydneys best friend.  They have known each other and been pretty much inseparable since elementary school.  Kyler is seriously just sex on a stick.  His dedication to Sydney and his protectiveness of her is just so admirable and kinda hot.  Ok, who am I kidding, it’s all kinds of hot.  And he plays the guitar!  I don’t know about anyone else here but I absolutely LOVE musicians.  I really do.  All I’m going to say is that I wouldn’t mind him sitting under my Christmas tree this year.

There was also a little bit of a mystery going on throughout the novel as well which was a nice addition.  It was a bit predictable but definitely still enjoyable.

If you are a fan of JLA, then pick up this book because you won’t be disappointed.  It has the makings of an amazing NA novel.  It has great characters, great romance, great writing and some steamy…scenes.  One in particular, The Education scene.   Holy freaking hot stuff.  You’ll know it when you read it. 

dean winking photo: winking dean tumblr_l7wd2e5JyD1qzxu0ko1_500.gif

So, go and get this book now!  Right this second, read it and then let me know what you thought because I could talk about this book all day if I could.



5 out of 5 hearts

1 comment:

  1. *happy flailing* God I loved Kyler!!! Sex on a stick indeed. I'd love to be stuck in a cabin with him. haha! oh and perfect gif. =)

    ReplyDelete