Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life of a Blogger: Introvert or Extrovert and Guilty Pleasures

This lovely meme was created by Jessi over at Novel Heartbeat!



Am I an Introvert or an Extrovert?


I am definitely an introvert.  I hate people.  I really do.  We are a selfish species and it annoys the shit out of me.

But, along with my hatred, I also have anxiety.  Social phobia.  It's literally to the point where I don't have my license, it's difficult for me to even think about getting a job, I almost didn't graduate high school five years ago and it took me four years to graduate from a two year college because I kept dropping classes that I felt uncomfortable in.

I would much rather stay in on a Friday night then go out.  I mean, I'm 22 almost 23 actually, and I haven't been to a bar, I haven't gotten drunk, I haven't had a sip of alcohol.  But I mean that's really personal preference if I'm being honest.

I love books *shocker* and TV shows and movies and music.  And I can enjoy that all in the safety of my own home.

Don't get me wrong, I love going out and doing things.  I love going on vacation and long rides but I just hate places with large crowds of people and no where to go.



Guilty Pleasures


1.  5 Seconds of Summer

I'm pretty new to the 5SOS family.  They are an Australian band.  They're fairly new and also really young which makes me feel like a total creeper for loving them so much.  A lot of people are calling them the new 'One Direction'?  I don't know, I don't see it.  I mean, yeah, they're young and really attractive guys but I see One Direction as a boy band and 5SOS as more of a band that is like the younger version of All Time Low.  Anyone agree with me?  I'm definitely not putting down One Direction.  I just never really got the hype surrounding them.


2.  Pride & Prejudice



Now, let me explain this because you're probably thinking, 'Why is this a guilty pleasure, Courtney?  It's a great book/movie.'  Yes, I totally agree.  100%.  But, it's gotten to the point where if I'm in a used book store or antique store and if I see a version of the book that I don't have then I buy it.  I think I have about six or so different versions of the same book.  



3.  7th Heaven



I used to love this show so much.  And I still watch it from time to time.  But the funny thing is is that I am an atheist and this is a somewhat religious show.  So it makes me angry and frustrated sometimes just because of the content but I always found it entertaining enough to peak my interest. 


4.  Mountain Dew

I could drink this every single day of my life.  I usually do.  That is until I realized how much sugar was in a single can.  Now I drink Diet Mountain Dew, which isn't the same but still pretty damn tasty. 


 Well, I hope you enjoyed this little snippet into my life.  Come back next Thursday and I'll tell you about my favorite place and let you know about my camping experience!



1 comment:

  1. "We are a selfish species and it annoys the shit out of me." I agree! I have social anxiety, too. I hate having to socialize with people at my job (which is why I work with animals!) and it stresses me out majorly when I have to deal with social situations.

    And 7th Heaven! I used to watch that show. Ahh, nostalgia :)

    Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat

    ReplyDelete