Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive.

Description taken from Goodreads



My Review


Remember, dear readers, when you were in your first year of high school?  You’re trying to find yourself and you’re discovering new things.  And when you try these new things, awkward and usually disastrous outcomes arise.  Nothing goes right no matter how hard you try and the harder you try, the worse it becomes.  Now, as you look back on these painful, at the time, memories, you just can’t help but laugh.

That was my experience of Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging.  I just couldn’t help but think ‘Aww, jeez this just sounds so familiar.’  We all had those days, weeks and even months turning into a whole year that you wish you could take back. 

This whole book was just hilarious and sarcastic and awkward.

 awkward gifs photo: awkward awkwardawkward.gif

 It was great.  It definitely had some flaws, but I mean I could overlook them.  The English terminology was a bit hard to understand at points and Georgia and her friends were so annoying sometimes, but in a redeemable way.  Sort of.  You know, in a way that made me stop and think, 'Ok, I acted like this at some points in my life.'  So it was completely normal.

Georgia was a great narrator.  She was funny and sarcastic.  She was a bit shallow.  Ok, a lot shallow, but she was also very insecure about the way she looked and I feel like all of us could relate to her at some point in our lives.  I know I could.  But I loved how this was written.  It’s pretty much Georgia’s diary and I just loved reading her thoughts and actions.  So freaking hilarious.

I’m definitely going to be continuing on with the series just because they're such short reads that I can read in a day and they make me laugh.  So there’s that.

3.5/5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment