Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review: Anastasia: The Last Grand Duchess, Russia, 1914 (Royal Diaries #5) by Carolyn Meyer

Award-winning author Carolyn Meyer Introduces readers to the The Unforgettable Anastasia Romanov. Whose idyllic life is forever changed with the coming of World War I.

Description taken from Goodreads 


My Review


I found this gem in my library’s book cellar where they sell used books but isn’t actually a part of the library.

This book was absolutely stunning.  I laughed.  I cried.  It was amazing.

This is the only book that I’ve read in this little series.  It’s written like diary entries which makes it so unique.

Growing up, I had heard a lot about Anastasia and her personality.  I feel like the author did a tremendous job of capturing Anastasia’s voice.  She’s snarky and so unladylike.  Definitely doesn’t follow orders and is very sneaky.  I loved her.  I really did.

It was so much fun to read about the things that could have actually happened when Anastasia was young but it was really hard to read knowing what was about to come.  Having the tone of her diary entries getting darker and more frustrating and scared was heartbreaking.  It was still so very fascinating to read about though.

I’ve always been a little obsessed with the story of the Grand Duchess Anastasia, ever since I saw the cartoon.  This little book of diary entries definitely fueled the fire and got me back into the obsession.

I, without a doubt, will be checking out the rest of the books in this series.   And if you have a love for historical fiction or just a love for history in general, then definitely check out this book and the series.


                    Inside                                                    Outside
      Characters  5/5                                            Cover 3/5
      Plot             5/5
      Feels           5/5
     Writing        5/5
     Overall        5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment