Friday, August 2, 2013

Feature and Follow (5) + Beat the Heat Day 4 + Lux Read-a-thon Day 1!

Gain New Blog Followers
"The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends."
This Weeks Features



Hardcore Heroines


and




Q: How do you handle a book you don't like?  Do you DNF or do you power through?

A:  I try really hard to finish it.  But if I really don't like it then I'll stop and take a second to figure out why I don't like it.  Is it the writing or the characters or the plot?  If it's the writing then I'll usually stop and call it a DNF but if it's the characters or the plot then I will probably power through cause the things I don't like might change towards the end of the book and I might end up loving it.

If you decide to follow, then let me know in the comments so I can return the favor!

Have a great weekend!

Beat the Heat Day 4!


Day 4 was great.  I started right in on The Lux Series with the novella, Shadows, and pretty much stayed up all night finishing that.  Then, after I slept for like 6 hours, I moved on to Obsidian.  And I seriously just fly right through these books.  I love them to death.

Shadows (Lux, #0.5) Obsidian (Lux, #1)

Wednesday-Day 4
Pages Read- 435
Books Started- Shadows, Obsidian
Books Finished- Shadows
Total Books Finished- 4




Lux Read-a-thon Day 1!
 
I feel like I'm making great progress, I don't know if I'll actually finish all the books but I am really going to try and if that means not sleeping then so be it!  :)

I started right at midnight with Shadows and finished it at around 3 in the morning and then spent the day reading Obsidian.  But of course I had distractions, like laundry, putting up posts on here, planning other posts, and watching a few episodes of Supernatural.  :)

So, here's my progress for Day 1!

Shadows: 179 pages
Obsidian: 256 pages

I really hope that I can stay at this pace.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I always continue through with books because I like to know the endings. Good luck on the readathon! :b I'm a bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense. I always try to finish but will DNF on occasion if I'm really having trouble with a book. Doesn't happen too often though.

    ReplyDelete