Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (15): Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell + Beat the Heat Day 16

Hosted by Breaking the Spine 


16068905 
 Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?

Description taken from Goodreads


Why I'm Waiting
I read Eleanor & Park not too long ago and absolutely fell in love with it.  I will now read anything by Rainbow Rowell.  The premise just sounds so refreshing and new that I know I will be getting it as soon as it comes out. 


Fangirl releases on September 10 

What are you waiting for?  Let me know in the comments! 


Beat the Heat Day 16!
 BeatHeatRAT2Not much reading done on Day 16.  I was so busy, I went out to lunch with my gram and gramp because today is actually my gramp's birthday but unfortunately he has to start radiation so I can't spend any time with him.  So, that really sucks.  And then I went to the Matchbox Twenty/Goo Goo Dolls concert.  That was so freaking awesome.  I felt like I was reliving my childhood right there.  It was just so much fun and our seats were really close which made it even better.  I can barely talk today because I was singing so loud, haha.  But I mean if you go to a concert and then the next day you can talk fine then you're doing something wrong.  Seriously.


Anyways, here's the update:

Tuesday-Day 16
Pages Read-22
Books Started-0
Books Finished-0
Total Books finished-13  
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to read Fangirl, too. It sounds so cute and I love that it takes place in college without sounded like an angsty NA. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I love the description and the cover is really sweet as well. I've not read Eleanor and Park, but I'll be putting it on my list.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete