Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (9): Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard + Beat the Heat Day 8

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 



9859436 
The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance. 

Description taken from Goodreads


Teasers 
"The Dead had delivered Elijah's letter.  The corpses had my brother!"
-page 13

"I brandished my parasol at him like a rapier.  'You, sir, are an abominable scalawag of a man, and I'll be damned if I let you threaten me.'"
-page 221



Beat the Heat Day 8!
  
Day 8 was no different then the previous.  I wanted to get out of the house and spend some time with my gram.  It was a great day but I didn't get much reading done.  I'm still on Something Strange and Deadly and it's really picking up.  Luckily, I bought the novella as well as the sequel, so I can start right in on them when I'm done.
Monday-Day 8
Pages Read-107
Books Started-0
Books Finished-0
Total Books Finished-7

No comments:

Post a Comment